Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mini Spring Break

Brady and I drove down to Salt Lake for the weekend, leaving Mark and the big kids to fend for themselves for a few days. (Who am I kidding? They have a lot more fun when it's just Dad at home.) The main reason for going was to be in the temple to see our great friends the Eastons sealed to their third child, Amelia. Aren't they just the most darling family? It was such a beautiful day and I was so glad I got to be there. Adoption is such a miracle and watching a sealing is like experiencing a little bit of heaven on earth.



Brady had so much fun reuniting with two of his best buds, Kelton and Davis. I also loved spending time with two of my favorite people, Kim and Emily. We had a mini girl's trip hosted my Kim's parents, and of course we stayed up way late, as always.




Sunday night we drove down and stayed with the Robertsons (sorry, no pics), who are always so kind to let us stay with them whenever we're in town. I got to enjoy Pei Wei and Chick-fil-a, two of my favorites that aren't in Boise. Monday I had my hair done by the lovely Lindsay, followed by dinner at Olive Garden with my siblings in Provo. (By the way, isn't Trevor's girlfriend Brynn gorgeous? She's got the personality to match that cute face and is willing to put up with Trevor. A definite keeper!) All in all, a great trip and a great getaway for Brady and I. Now we're busy keeping the kids occupied for the rest of spring break. If we could only get some more springlike weather to enjoy it in!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Looks like a fun mini-trip. I love Chick-fil-a too and we seem to have a lot of them if you get a craving big enough to get you to travel cross country.

I love the picture of Kimberlee's family. The kids are all getting so old.

Ashlee said...

Fun! Pei-Wei and Chick-fil-a?? Oh I am jealous. I love how you are holding Brady in the last pic, making him face the camera. :)

Chelsea said...

Ha I was just about to say something about you holding Brady but Ash beat me to it! It was so great to see you!

Heidi said...

What a beautiful family you have! My twin sister has two adopted kids--for some reason I was able to have mine natural. I hope you are enjoying Miss D!

Tamis Family said...

What great photo's! Kimberlee bore her testimony about the experience the following Sunday and I don't think there was a dry eye. She is so amazing. I miss you being in our ward! It probably seems like forever ago to you now!