Saturday, January 16, 2010

Random Updates

Happy 2010! I know, I'm a little bit late on that one. Nothing too newsworthy to report here, but I thought I'd fill you in on a few things:



1. It's January in Idaho and it's cold. I stay inside most of the time. We have had a few unusually warm days (like high 40's-50's) and I've forced my children to stay outside for hours at a time. Dallin was only wearing a t-shirt and he thought that was fine. If we were in Phx. they would all be begging for coats. It's all relative. We haven't had any snow for a few weeks now and I'm getting tired of the brown grass and bare trees. If it's going to be cold it might as well be pretty and white, right? I'm hoping for an early spring.



2. I've starting scrapbooking again for the first time in 2 years (since I packed up my scraproom to sell the house in Phx.) I'm enjoying it, especially since Mark surprised me with a Cricut machine for Christmas. That thing is awesome!



3. For the next week or so I am the mother of 5 children instead of 4. Kenzie's friend Heather is staying with us while her parents are in Hawaii. She's a wonderful girl and a good friend to Kenz. She's very helpful and polite and easy-going (probably because she's the youngest of 7 kids...love that!) The girls were up late the other night finishing their big "protest project" for English. The issue they were defending? Choosing adoption over abortion. Way to be an "example of the believers", girls!



4. I'm taking a photography class with a few friends. Maybe I shouldn't disclose that because now you'll all be expecting better quality photos on the blog. We'll see. I'm supposed to take a creative self portrait for class on Monday. Any suggestions?



5. My hair is longer than it's been in many years and it really needs a trim. Lindsay, isn't it time for a visit? I miss you and your alleged baby bump (I'll believe it when I see it) and your mad hair-cutting skills.



6. Our new favorite show? "Chuck". We're catching up on the first 2 seasons and DVRing the new one. Thanks for the recommendation Teri! Perfect show for both Mark and me (comedy, romance, action, computer nerds). We're choosing not to watch "24" this year. I've loved you for so long Jack Bauer, but the violence has just gotten to be too much. Can't wait for "Lost" to start, though, but I still don't think I'm going to have any clue about what's going on.

7. I finally saw "New Moon" yesterday for the first time. Funny how I was the first person I knew to read the book and the last to see the movie. It was OK, definitely better than the first, but still a little too cheesy and filled with teenage angst for me. We went with a bunch of ladies to celebrate a friend's birthday and when Jacob took off his shirt for the first time Michelle yelled out "Happy Birthday Marci!" Hilarious.


OK, so now you're all caught up on what's been going on around here. To recap: cold, Cricut, extra kid, better photos, too-long hair, new TV season, shirtless werewolf. Happy January!

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Oh man how I miss you! So jealous about the cricut. What are your long hair secrets? Mine doesn't seem to want to grow.

michiganbliss said...

Hooray for a new post..and a funny one at that. Missing you and your crazy crew.

Courtney said...

we love chuck! we even watched half the season premiere for fhe this week

Kimberlee said...

love it Tiff...can't wait to see you!

heather said...

loved the updates. you sound so happy up there, which makes me happy. smile.

heather said...

oh, and i will have to check out chuck.