Monday, January 12, 2009

Legomania




I'm sure I'm not the only mother of young boys who has a love/hate relationship with Legos. On the one hand I think they're one of the best toys, they encourage so much creativity and occupy my boys (especially Brady) for hours. On the other hand, they are stinkin' expensive, they get lost easily (we never keep all the pieces to a set for more than a day), and they end up everywhere in the house. We have pretty thick carpet and you should hear the vacuum as it sucks up all the lost pieces. Seriously, I bet you could find at least one Lego in every room in this house since Brady is rarely found without them in his hand. And don't even get me started on the Lego Star Wars/ Indiana Jones/ Batman video games. But I do love the imaginative creations that are made, so I'm sure the Legos are here to stay.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

Such concentration in Brady's face! So dang cute.

Jennifer said...

I hear you! I hate it when I step on them in the middle of the night! But you can't have a boy without a million legos!

Are they part of the brickmaster club? Brennen loves getting new legos in the mail!

Melissa said...

I CAN TOTALLY RELATE! I FOUND A LEGO IN MY PILLOWCASE LAST NIGHT! BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SEEING THE SMILING FACE WHEN A NEW CREATION IS MADE! HAYDEN IS NOW AS MUCH INTO LEGOS AS NATHAN. UH OH!

Courtney said...

This entry is what reminded me I wanted to post about the Brick of Mormon stories.

Have your kids been on the lego website? I guess they can design their own creations and you can actually order the custom sets. Seth's a bit young for it but Dallin might like it.

eyardley said...

Tiffani, we could have written exactly what you did in your blog. You left out the legos you find in the pockets when your washing clothes though. :) Alex still loves legos and wants to buy a small set every time we go to Wal-Mart. Good luck. Just keep fixing that vacuum.