Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let Summer Begin!

Yesterday was the last day of school and, like every year, I have mixed feelings. I'm excited for the freedom and the late nights/sleeping-in mornings (Brady didn't get up until 10:30 this morning and it's now 11:20 and I haven't seen Kenzie yet...teenagers!). But I'm not excited about the constant question of "What are we going to do tomorrow?" We did survive yesterday, though, so I'm trying to be optimistic.

Am I the only parent who gets a little teary saying goodbye to my kids' teachers ever year? These people mean so much to my kids (they spend more time with them than I do!) and I find myself being emotional every time. Mr. Woolery was a great teacher for Dallin. I wanted to apologize to him for having to put up with Dallin's obsessive/focused personality (it drives me crazy at times, I'm sure it bugged him too!)

Here's my baby graduating from kindergarten. I'm not sure I'm ready for this stage of life, even though I always looked forward to it. As Amber reminded me yesterday, I don't have any little kids anymore! (Sniff!)

The girls and I spent our first summer night at a YW camp clinic. It was held at our camp director's house, who has a wonderful yard complete with huge trees, fire pit, and various animals running around (including chickens and ducks.)


Here's Mallory helping out by taking the sheep for a walk. Definitely something I bet she never thought of doing when we lived in Phoenix! I had a meeting afterwards so the girls stayed to play outside with some of the kids in the ward. So much fun seeing them running around, just enjoying the beautiful Idaho evening. Can't wait for more!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

You know you can always have another baby. :) Look at Melinda (jeff's sister), a 10 yr difference between kids is nothing!

Gayle said...

These transitions are always fun and exciting. Your kids have grown a lot. Hope you have a great summer. Here is a blog from someone in your neck of the woods.
http://creativehomemakers.blogspot.com/
It looks like she has some ideas for things to do in your area.
:) Gayle

Chelsea said...

I agree with Ash ;)