Monday, June 20, 2011

Piano Recital

Last week was the last piano recital of the school year. All the kids did great on their challenge pieces, even though some were very challenging! I have to admit that I am the most proud of McKenzie and the progress she has made in piano this year. She has gone from hating taking lessons to loving them, even practicing without being asked! She was actually disappointed to find out we were taking a few months off in the summer. As Michelle, her fabulous teacher said, "She finally just gets it." She played Pachelbel's Canon in D major for the recital and even though she gets so nervous (I noticed her hands totally shaking!) she did a great job on this hard piece. I have to give a lot of credit to my friend Michelle, though. She has the perfect mix of fun and discipline and the kids all enjoy taking lessons from her.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: