Thursday, August 11, 2011

Utah Trip

So much for the lazy days of summer! I feel like this is the first day I've had in weeks where I've had time to finally sit down and catch up on my blog. We have just been go, go, going! First up was a trip to Utah. We like to visit my mom's hometown of Beaver, UT for the 24th of July. Most of my cousins gather there and it's fun catching up with everyone. The parade is always a highlight:
brother Trevor, Mark and brother-in-law Matt
 sister Lindsay and youngest brother Jordan (who's going to be a senior this year!)
 cute girls
cute boys
 Uncle Pat and Aunt Kathy in the parade
 Me, big sis Melissa, Lindsay and Mom
 The parade always ends with the fire truck spraying (or rather soaking!) all the kids. Dallin and nephew Nathan were the brave ones this year.

We finished out the weekend with waterskiing, a family BBQ and fireworks, church, a  beautiful drive in the mountains and playing games with cousins. I always love being in Beaver, my second hometown.

Monday morning we headed to Provo for McKenzie to go to EFY at BYU. Mark had to get to back to work Tuesday night but I stayed in Salt Lake with the kids for the week. We had a great time visiting friends and family. Highlights included shopping at the Park City outlets, meeting up with Phoenix friends at Raging Waters, swimming in the Rasmussens' new pool and going to the Parade of Homes with the Robertsons. The kids loved the "UP" house in Herriman.

No comments: