Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lake Powell

 
We had a great time at Lake Powell this past weekend. Almost my entire family was there (we missed you Amber, Cody, Debbie and Jordan!) My parents have been doing the houseboat thing every summer with friends for the past 15 years. This is the first time we were able to go. Let me just say...I get it. I finally understand why everyone loves it so much. It was so relaxing and fun to be in such a beautiful place with all of your favorite people.

I was completely shocked when Brady wanted to jump off the houseboat. He's been going through a scaredy cat stage lately, so I couldn't believe it when he climbed right up and jumped...not a moment's hesitation. Definitely braver than his mom!

 Cool shot of Nathan (Melissa's oldest) jumping.


Dallin enjoying the big raft.

Dad on the boat in our little cove. It was his birthday (he wouldn't want me to reveal how old) on Saturday so we had a little party with cake and a present from all the kids (new ipad!) He is definitely in his element at Lake Powell.




Cliff jumping for the brave ones like Trevor

Melissa and Lindsay (oldest sis, youngest sis)

 Ashlee and Chelsea goofing around

All the girls (second from the left is Dana, a family friend, and last on the right is Kaitlin, Trevor's cute girlfriend)
 We were definitely in a silly mood that day. This picture was followed by a sweet synchronized swimming routine for all the men to enjoy. My sisters are some of the funniest people I know. Boy I love being with them.

 Gorgeous sunsets every night

 Lots of cousin time (here watching a movie on Grandma's bed)

Mallory got up on just her second try skiing!

Kenzie was a big hit with the little ones

 Lots of time spent digging on the beach

Cute Mal with mysterious spots on her skin

 Singing "Baby Shark" in the hot tub with Hayden and Skylar

 We all enjoyed cheering on the Cougars as they (barely) won their first game of the season. Good thing the boat had satellite or Mark might have had to stay home.

As an added bonus I got to see one of my best friends from Phoenix, Larissa, since they were on the lake that weekend too. Thanks for braving the crazy weather that afternoon  to come and see us, Mike and Ris!
 
Lastly, here's a shot of the funniest moment of the weekend. On our Sunday tour we came upon a huge group of college students docked in one of the canyons. They had this huge inflatable "blob" and as we were watching they launched this rather, um, large girl into the air. Quite the sight to see!

All in all, it was a fabulous weekend with lots of memories to treasure.While having 26 people on one boat was at times crazy and crowded I loved every minute of it and can't wait to go again.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

michiganbliss said...

I'm glad... sniff sniff.. You had... sniff sniff... Such a great time.

Michelle Burk said...

Why did you come home?

Kimberlee said...

Oh tiff...that looks like soooo much fun!

heather said...

so fun!!!